Hachiren Ramen Yomitan

17:08

Last week, when I had a day to myself, I decided to find what is supposed to be the best ramen in Okinawa. The place is Hachiren Ramen inYomitan, and it didn't dissapoint. I got there early at about 11:30, and there was already a line-up to get a table. You have to order and pay for your ramen using the machine outside, and be sure to write your name on the waitlist so you will get called when a table is ready. They offer tsukumen and ramen, and even though it was a scorching day, I opted for the spicy ramen. 
The inside of the restaurant is really small. There's only three low lying tables on tatami that would fit a maximum of four people around each, and then counter seating for about 8 people. I think if you come with a group bigger than 4 people, your only option would be counter seating, which I think would take quite a while to get unless you were the first ones there at opening time.
If you want a ramen fix and you're in Okinawa, I think this is the place to go! But hey, it's also the only ramen i've had in Okinawa, but I can say it definitely compares with the good stuff i've had on the mainland.

The menu

Behold, the deliciousness


The entrance, with the ticket machine on the right


You Might Also Like

0 comments