Old Japan Photos 2006-2007

18:21

Some of you may not know that almost 10 years ago, I lived in Japan teaching English. I was living in Oyama, Tochigi prefecture, which is just over an hour north of Tokyo on the train. It was one of the best times in my life. I had always wanted to live in Japan, and eventually decided to finally make the move. I applied for a teaching English job through NOVA, which was the biggest eikawa at the time, and within 2 months was living in Japan. I was lucky to make some amazing lifelong friends while I was there (some of who have even visited me in Okinawa last year!) and I will always look back fondly on my time on the mainland.

Recently I logged into my old flickr account that I had totally forgotten about and discovered a whole bunch of forgotten photos of that time, so I thought I would share some with you all.

Lake Chuzenji Japan
Lake Chuzenji a bit further past Nikko, Tochigi prefecture. I look so young!

Kamakura Hydrangea
Kamakura - I am a giant compared to my Japanese friend Yuri!

Sumo Tokyo
Random Tokyo. I highly recommend going to see a sumo tournament if you are in Japan when they are on!

Oyama Tochigi
Oyama, where I used to live. Bottom left is my old mamachari bike that I used to ride everywhere. We also used to do A LOT of karaoke

Tokyo Disney
Tokyo Disney

More Tokyo Disney



You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. super neat Rachael, I love finding old photos! Did you live in Japan another time or just then and now?

    ReplyDelete