Happy New Year and 2015 Recap

00:06

Happy New Year! 2015 was a big one for me and the family, and likely the biggest one we're likely to have for many years to come. I can't believe how much we have done and how much life changed due to a job restructure, which then led me to this job in Okinawa. I'm really grateful for the life we're living at the moment and all the things we have done the past year. Luckily I have this blog to help me remember everything, so here's a little recap of what happened in 2015:

Muruku Beach, Hamahiga Island

  • I went to New York City for the first time and got to hang with my bestie and see Bjork play. So amazing, and now I need to go back for a real (non-work) trip!
NYC

  • I got to pat one of my favourite animals, the capybara :)
Besties

Kiyomizudera Kyoto
Kiyomizudera, Kyoto

Harajuku

Loft Shibuya
Tokyo nights

So glad I invested in an underwater camera

Ramen
Fukuoka
I love this city
Thanks to everyone for reading along on my little blog. I've really enjoyed this last year. There's been the challenges of moving to a new country, but the awesome adventures of discovering somewhere new as well as getting to introduce my lady to mainland Japan (my favourite) bit by bit.  We already have a slew of visitors planned for the first half of 2016, so i'm sure the time is going to fly by. I'm starting to think about what I want to accomplish in 2016 including more visits to the mainland (Tokyo is confirmed, as well as planning for Kyoto, Koya-san, snowy Hokkaido, Taiwan, Korea and Hong Kong), and visiting more of the islands close to Okinawa (and hopefully snorkelling with a sea turtle).

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. That is one busy year! I hope 2016 is just as fun for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete