Melbourne Day 6 - Final installment

16:12

Saturday was my final day in Melbourne and it was really the perfect end to my little work trip.

I (finally!) got a little sleep in in my super comfy hotel bed, and eventually got up and organised to check out by 10am. I was a little hungover after my great night the night before, and suddenly remembered that there was a popular Pho place in the city that opened at 9am! Win! I checked out of my hotel and headed straight to Mekong on Swanston Street for some breakfast pho. People seem to complain that there is too much MSG used in their Pho but I don't care. MSG makes things delicious! It was the perfect hangover cure.


Beautiful Melbourne
Flowers outside of Town Hall

Yarn bomb in the city
Breakfast pho
After my pho I did a little shopping, then headed out to Yarraville on the train to meet up with some friends that live out there. It was the perfect way to spend most of my day (my flight wasn't until midnight) without tiring myself out. We had a coffee, checked out some of the cute little shops in the town and then hung out at my friend's house until it was time for me to head back into the city before meeting my cousin and some other friends for dinner and drinks. Originally I thought I would spend most of my Saturday shopping, but because I ended up doing most of my shopping the previous day, I just ended up spending most of my time out in Yarraville.

Yarraville

Martha
When I got back to the city, I met up with my cousin who had recently moved to Melbourne and we went out for cheap dumplings and red wine. It was so lovely to catch up with her. After dumplings we picked up my suitcase from the hotel and headed out to Thornbury to meet up with some other friends at one of my favourite Melbourne bars, Joanies Baretto before heading to the airport. More wine was consumed as well as a delicious salumi board. Yum! It was the perfect ending to my little trip.
Love this wine

They only had teacups at the dumpling place. Classy way to drink red wine.

Deliciousness
It's hard to believe that this time next week I will be back in Australia again for the Christmas holiday with my family. We will be going to Brisbane, Gold Coast, Byron Bay and back to Melbourne. This blog is turning in to more of an Australian travel guide recently, rather than Okinawa! I can't wait to get home again and just spend time with family.

Goodbye Melbourne!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I need to go back and look at your other installments but Melbourne looks neat. I went there once, when I was 13, and only for a few days so I can't remember too much about it, but all the photos you posted looks like a place I would enjoy!

    ReplyDelete