Tokyo nights, Tokyo lights

21:38

View from the Shinagawa Prince hotel Annex Tower 26 floor
View of Shinagawa from my hotel room on the 26th floor

One of the things I love most about Tokyo, and I think is what people imagine Japan is like before they've ever been, are the bright neon lights everywhere. Of course, even though I was super tired when I got to Tokyo on the end of my work trip, I still couldn't resist taking myself out at night to Shibuya to gaze in awe at the lights and people. Another great thing about this was that I got to take a few people who had never been to Tokyo before to Shibuya crossing, and it made me so happy to see their faces as we walked out and saw the lights and hear their exclamations of how amazing it was! This is why I really should be a Japan (especially Tokyo) tour guide! It makes me happy :)

The bright lights of Shibuya are a must see for any visitor to Tokyo
Shibuya Crossing
Giant gundam statue in Odaiba, Tokyo
Giant Gundam statue in Odaiba

The lights are so bright in Shibuya at night it almost feels like daytime
Shibuya

Typical Tokyo night scene - Shibuya



You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Usually I dislike crowds, but I agree that the crowd at Shibuya Crossing is exhilarating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm planning to go to Tokyo this autumn for a couple of days (without the kids) just to potter about, sit in coffee shops (and izakayas) and feel the vibe. Anywhere you would recommend?

    ReplyDelete