3 Days in London - Part 2

23:36

On my last day in London and my only free day (even though I was flying out that night) I decided to head to the National Gallery at Trafalgar Square. I first visited the National Gallery when I was 18 years old, on my first overseas trip, and as a teen obsessed with renaissance art (yep I was cool), this was my first real life exposure to it. I decided to go back and check out some of the amazing and famous art pieces I had first seen all those years ago.


I spent the morning wandering through the gallery before deciding to walk to Picadilly Circus to find a Jamie's Italian for lunch. Jamie Oliver was another 18 year old obsession of mine, and it was fun to be able to check out one of his restaurants. It was really lovely, and not badly priced! I got a two course lunch for 12.95 GBP and a glass of red wine. I had a celeriac soup, which was warm, creamy and super delicious, followed by the vegetarian bolognese  which was so pretty and made with fresh pasta! I was really happy I made the trek. 

I finished the afternoon shopping up Regent Street and Oxford Circus before walking back to my hotel to pick up my bag and then head to the airport. Unfortunately it was a super gloomy looking day, so my photos are quite dark! It's really time that I invested in a proper camera!

It was such a flying visit to London, and so far to go from Okinawa for just 3 nights, but even though it was a work trip, it was nice to get to hang out in London once again. I'm determined to go back there for longer in the near future!

Trafalgar Square
London, grey and beautiful



National Gallery

The interior of the National Gallery, London is gorgeous and ornate
This interior!

Leonardo da Vinci in the National Gallery, London is amazingly beautiful up close!
da Vinci - One of my favourites

Van gogh


View of Big Ben from Trafalgar Square
Glimpse of Big Ben in the distance


Stopped for lunch at Jamie's Italian
Lunch specials at Jamie's Italian was good value and delicious!
The menu was awesome!

 Vegetarian bolognese from Jamie's Italian in Picadilly London was super tasty and made with fresh pasta.
Vegetarian bolognese

Regent Street

Carnaby St


Loved this building!





You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I love London!

    P.S. You have a great blog. x

    www.seaofwanderlust.com

    ReplyDelete