Wired Cafe Shibuya - Bookshop and a Bar!

18:33

Wired Cafe in Shibuya's Q Front building is a bar/bookshop that is worth a visit when looking for a drink and a snack in one of Tokyo's most iconic locations

Last weekend I was lucky to get to go to Tokyo for work. It was a flying trip, only 24 hours, but I made the most of it. I arrived on Saturday and went straight to work, but at night I got to meet up with 2 of my Japanese besties, who I have known since we worked together when I was teaching English in Japan 9 years ago

For as long as I have been able to drink and read, the idea of a bookshop with a bar has always been amazing to me. As I was riding the elevator to the 8th Floor of the Q Front Building in Shibuya the doors opened on the 7th Floor to let people out and I stared straight into a bookshop/bar wonderland and knew I needed to go back.

I met up with my friends for dinner at Punraku, an izakaya on the top floor, which was ok but not amazing. When we were talking though we all mentioned how we had seen this bookshop/bar on our way up and decided to go and check it out!

Turns out this wonderland was Tsutaya x Wired Cafe and it was part of the Tsutaya store that takes up most of the Q Front Building. It was pretty busy, so we were seated at the bar. I was impressed to see they had a great looking wine rack, and the food menu looked pretty decent too. We didn't have any food though because we'd already had dinner. I would definitely go back to try it though! 

It was such a lovely night getting to catch up with some great friends, who I hadn't seen for 2 years! It seemed like yesterday though, and as always with good friends, we picked up right where we left off.

Wired Cafe in Shibuya's Q Front building is a bar/bookshop that is worth a visit when looking for a drink and a snack in one of Tokyo's most iconic locations
Bubbles and books
Bar

Wired Cafe in Shibuya's Q Front building is a bar/bookshop that is worth a visit when looking for a drink and a snack in one of Tokyo's most iconic locations

Such fun with these ladies

Punraku is an Izakaya in the Q Front building right on the famous crossing in Shibuya
Dinner at Punraku 8F Q Front
To get to both Punraku and the Wired Cafe, both are in the Q Front Building directly across from the Hachiko exit at Shibuya Station. The Q Front building is the huge building with the giant TV screen with the Starbucks at the bottom. You can't miss it!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I love this place, we visit it every time we go to Japan!

    ReplyDelete