Ghibli Museum and Kichijoji

19:16


Slowly but surely I am getting through the posts from our March trip to Japan.

One of the best days of this trip had to be the day we went to the Ghibli Museum, followed by a stroll through Inokashira park and Kichijoji. I have been to Ghibli Museum a couple of times before, but had never made it to Inokashira Park and Kichijoji before, which I now realise what a huge shame that is because I LOVED both.

Anyway, as always, the Ghibli Museum was great, and G really enjoyed all the displays. I even got to have the exclusive Ghibli Museum beer while I was there! If you want to go to the Ghibli Museum on your Japan trip, start planning early as you need to book tickets in advance and can't buy them when you get there!










Ghibli Museum beer
This beer is delicious and only available for purchase at the Ghibli Museum

After the museum, we grabbed some lunch from the Lawson across the road from the museum and then walked through Inokashira park to Kichijoji. There were lots of Sakura trees already in bloom in the park, which of course made me happy, and we stopped by the pond and had a cheeky chu hai each while snacking on our lunch. Even though it was chilly, it was still so lovely, and I will definitely head back to Inokashira Park next time I find myself in Japan!

Sakura in Inokashira Park
So fluffy!




Swan boats for hire oin Inokashira park
Seriously, does it get any more picturesque than this??

Swan boars in Inokashira Park
After the park, we wandered around Kichijoji and bought some cute things on the tourist street, then spent a good amount of time in the Kichijoji Uniqlo before calling it a day.




You Might Also Like

0 comments