Life lately - Melbourne

16:28

I've really struggled with any time to blog since we got back. My work has been insanely busy, and we've been flat out on weekends shopping to organise the unit. Finally we're in a place where we can breathe a little.

We've been home for around 6 weeks now and things are starting to come together. We're finding ourselves with some time to relax on a weekend as well as time to finally catch up with some friends.

Being back in Melbourne in awesome! The food is just so damn good. No wonder I put on 10kgs the last time I lived here. A few weeks ago we got to go to Tipo 00 for a lunch date, which is a fresh pasta restaurant I had been dying to try since before we moved back. We also had a little family lunch at Moroccan Delicacy, the new Deli owned by the Moroccan Soup Bar people. It was also amazingly delicious.

A couple of weekends ago my bestie was here and it was AMAZING! It was just so great to get to hang out with her after so long, and kid-free too. So much to catch up on! Even though we're in the same country, living in different cities still sucks...

We've been to see a couple of bands (one even little G got to come to), and had a few catch ups with friends. All in all life is good.

I think the biggest adjustment to me at the moment is how busy work is and how hectic life is getting back into things! It might just be the cold weather and how dark it is in the mornings, but it is HARD to get out of bed before it's light, which is what I really need to do in order to get everything done and get to work on time. I think this will definitely get easier as it gets warmer.

Am I missing Okinawa? Honestly, not at all so far. I'm sure i'll miss the warm weather and the beaches, and of course I miss a few special friends, but I honestly don't miss the place itself.....yet. Let's see how that changes over time.

Anyway, I actually wrote a whole post before it was somehow deleted, so this is an attempt to recreate it (probably not as interestingly)!

Back working here.

In love with the Tasmanian blackwood shelf we bought!




Met this possum at work!

Pasta from Tipo 00

Lunch plate at Moroccan Delicacy
lunch plate from Moroccan Delicacy

G's first gig!

Melbourne city <3

Churches in the city

Melbourne City laneways

Wattle, my favourite

Cherry blossoms in my street!

Edinburgh Gardens, Fitzroy North
Sunny weekend in Edinburgh Gardens

You Might Also Like

0 comments