Some photos around Fukuoka

18:33

This year took me for the second time on a work trip that started in Fukuoka. Last year was my first time visiting Fukuoka, so I spent the half day of free time I had wandering around the city visiting temples and eating ramen at a yatai stall. This year I was much less adventurous. I think I was just excited to be in a real city (Naha, the capital of Okinawa does not classify as a city in my opinion), so I spent most of my time shopping at stores I don't usually have access to.

I wandered across to Hakata station and visited their rooftop garden and shrine that is dedicated to safe train travel. I took in the views of the city. I ate comfort food. I did my nails and a face mask in my hotel room. It was just what I needed. 

Tetsudo shrine is dedicated to safe train travel and is on the rooftop of Hakata station in Fukuoka
Tetsudo shrine on the roof of Hakata station devoted to safe train travel
You should wash your hands before you enter the shrine

Tetsudo shrine is dedicated to safe train travel and is on the rooftop of Hakata station in Fukuoka
Such a tiny shrine

Artwork on the roof of Hakata station

View of Fukuoka city from the top of Hakata station
View over Fukuoka

Flower shops in Japan are always so beautifully presented and really well priced
Florists in Japan always have the most beautiful displays

Canal city shopping complex in Fukuoka City is a really cool place, great for shopping and getting some good photos
Canal city is a shopping complex in Fukuoka city

You Might Also Like

0 comments